Aller au contenu

Messages recommandés

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged

photo-original.jpg?w=1024&h=576&fit=fill

Liens vers le Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1544172954/techno-bowl-arcade-football-unplugged-0/description

J'ai découvert le jeu en raison du cover que Lina avait posté l'autre fois, je me suis donc renseigner à ce moment la et le jeu me semblait pas mal intéressant pour un jeu de Football.

c5d3e2e5c0290276df3f8ca462103e80_origina

Le pledge a 49$ contient

7d44e22ea6d0e08e5f2972e0f90deb8e_origina

Vidéo!

I'll give you a quick overview of the base gamemode (there are a bunch, with special skills and stuff, but the core mechanics follow below)

Each player has 7-8 dudes, that have a skill from 3-7. The first number of their jersey number is the skill so it's easy to see who is a 3 and who is a 7 on the field. Lower numbers are strong, powerful, and slow. High numbers are fast, agile, and good at passing. To start, you take your players and create a formation. There are some simple rules you need to follow but it's pretty open. There are no positions, so you can build the play how you want. Defense can go man to man, zone, whatever.

After setting up the formation, you "build a play" by stacking some cards in order that represent the player you want to activate. Players take turns flipping over a card and activating the player on the card. You have a few options for what you do, but mostly you'll be moving and doing one of the key actions like Pass or Block. To do those, you roll 2d6 and honestly this is what elevates the game.

• 10+: Great success. You pass/block/tackle just like you wanted and get a full activation of another player on your team.

• 7+: Success. You pass/block/tackle but your opponent gets to do a half-move with one of his players.

• 1-6: Fail. You fail and your opponent may get a benefit. Then they get a full activation of one of their players.

Those activations can chain back and forth making the game really dynamic. There are modifiers to increase your chances, but there is always a chance you'll fail and give your opponent an action and vice versa. There will be times where you panic and freeze, choosing not to pass/block because you're worried about your opponent. There will be other times where you build your play around those chaining activations. There have been a bunch of times where I don't even put my QB's card in the "play stack" because I'm counting on a 10+ or my opponent failing.

There are rules for fumbles and the other stuff you'd expect from football, but they're easy to grasp. What drives the game is that activation system which is why I focused on it. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

et un peu plus sur ces activations qui sont un peu le coeur du jeu

The base of the activation system is a 2d6 roll to pass/block/tackle/etc.

• 10+: Great success. You pass/block/tackle just like you wanted and get a full activation of another player on your team. So say you work the modifiers and teamwork rules to get a 10+ on your pass. That means your pass was true and you hit the receiver, or the empty space you were aiming at. Now you could activate the receiver and do a full movement, chaining that into a huge play. Or maybe you got the 10+ on a block. This means you can push your opponent out of the way creating a hole for your blitzer to rush in. If they get within range, they could attempt a tackle and if you get 10+ on that then maybe you can activate someone else to recover a fumble.

• 7-9: Success. You pass/block/tackle but your opponent gets to do a half-move with one of his players. Since this is more likely, it'll happen more often. Using the above example, you complete the pass but your opponent gets to move his safety closer to your receiver to set up for a tackle. Or you got a good block but your opponent's QB can scramble away from where your blitz is starting.

• 1-6: Fail. You fail and your opponent may get a benefit. Then they get a full activation of one of their players. This is tough. Not only do you miss the pass, but your opponent can take a full move and potentially intercept. Or the block is reversed and now your blocker get's pushed backwards and now there is a hole for a QB run.

It works to keep both players engaged all the time, and add some mystery. If you guess wrong and plan to defend a run and your opponent throws, it allows you to adjust. If you stacked your cards wrong and desperately need to activate Player A but they aren't next in your order, you can try a desperation block or something to hope for that 10+. It rarely leads to gamesy plays; instead it keeps movement happening all over the field despite what you may have programmed.

bd1920b810845fa74d4e9b55b1179ffc_origina

8ce9d956df32572385c506b153c6d17a_origina

Rubberized playmat and wooden pixel block time and timeout tokens on the scoreboard. Fancy!

Le pledge de base est a 49$ USD (+ Shipping entre 9-15$) pour nous au Canada -> Kickstarter

Moi aussi je voulais un vidéo, toujours partant pour un bon jeu de sport qui ne sont pas faciles à trouver.

Hey, ils ont changé le bonus a $84 mille !
$84,000 - time, timeout, and fire tokens are upgraded to wooden 'pixel' blocks

Je crois que c'est plus une precision, sinon ca ajoute +250 gros cube dans la boite, mais ca l'aurait vraiment amélioré le look

pic2918777_md.jpg

Ca monte pas vite. Il est jammé a 109 backers depuis ce matin.
Il est mieux de sortir son prochain vidéo bientot.
Snif, snif. Mon premier kickstarter potentiel, ca leve pas pantoute.
Je ne compte pas Tiny Epic Western, j'ai participé dans le groupe de Québec juste parce que SlyQc faisait pitié.

Si ça c'était appelé Myth Bowl, Zombie Bowl ou Kitten Bowl, ca serait déjà financé plein la barraque. Snif, snif.
Meme les pledges les plus fous seraient complets: "Pour 5000$, obtenez un exemplaire du jeu et Tom Brady vient dégonfler un ballon chez vous."
C'est mon coté marginal qui ressort: quand c'est trop populaire, ca m'interesse pas... et vice-cersa.

Sans vidéo et juste des 'reviews' de deux inconnus divisés en 4 phrases c'est assaz mince.

Beaucoup de jeux de sport promettaient des révolutions mais tombaient à plat arrivés sur la table...

Ouais vivement le vidéo qu'il dit qu'il est en train de faire depuis 2 jours comme sa on va pouvoir voir si ça vaut la peine!

ah oui et je crois qu'il va être disponible a essayer sur Tabletopia ou Tabletop Simulator

Il aurait peut-être dû enlever le truc qui tient les carte en forme de manette et mettre plus d'équipe et d'option dans le jeu de base au prix qu'il demande... à moins que son but soit de faire comme 1st & Goal et vendre les équipes en expansion...

Ça ne décolle peut-être pas autant parce que son angle 'arcade' n'intéresse pas les mordus de football?

si j'Ai bien compris, sur BGG il a indiqué que le jeux contient les punchboard pour toute les équipes et que les équipes non débloqué seront disponible ( il restera juste els carte a faire imprimé ) sur DrivethruRPG en "Print-On-Demand"

Il aurait peut-être dû enlever le truc qui tient les carte en forme de manette et mettre plus d'équipe et d'option dans le jeu de base au prix qu'il demande... à moins que son but soit de faire comme 1st & Goal et vendre les équipes en expansion...

Ça ne décolle peut-être pas autant parce que son angle 'arcade' n'intéresse pas les mordus de football?

Mais je suis d'accord, la manette c'Est jolie mais très superflu

Hey bonne nouvelles guys! :D

@Steve Christian and @ Selgador

I am with both of you! I should have a preview/review video today or tomorrow from Undead Viking. He usually does a really good job of explaining how the game works mechanically and giving a good overall impression of what it's like to play.

I'm working on getting some actual gameplay videos up by the end of the week, and I'm going to attempt a Periscope broadcast. We'll see how it works with the camera angle, but it would be cool to give people a chance to interact while watching.

Hopefully we'll be able to steer those people back! :)