Dice Hospital is a new worker placement and dice manipulation game. Featuring lots of dice, custom doctor meeples, awesome isometric art and plenty more!
Explanation of some of the components:
- Dice - these are your patients!
- Administrator cards - player objective cards that give points based on dice discharged. YOU will get to decide which famous medics feature on them.
- Ambulance cards - used for drafting dice. See how to play section
- Event cards - optional use cards for players who like slightly more randomness in their games. More advanced/strategic players should not play with these.
- Blood bag tokens - given to the player who chose the hardest to treat dice - which gives more flexibility when treating patients
- Medical report cards - For solo play only - see solo variant section
- Scoring and round tracker - to keep tally of points per player with the player markers. Features a neat "dial" piece which you rotate to indicate which round you are on too!
- Players start with their own hospital board, 3 randomly dealt dice (pip values 3/4/5) and 3 starting nurses
- Each round sees randomly rolled dice placed on ambulances from low to high - which is placed by the first player, with tied (but different coloured) dice being decided by the last player
- Starting from the first player going clockwise players pick ambulance cards. The lower the number ambulance card the more likely you are to go first for an upgrade (and a bloog bag token and the first player token). The trade-off is that lower value dice are harder to treat.
- Starting with the player with the lowest value ambulance, each player then gets to decide which one of the face up upgrades they take for their own hospital.
- Simultaneously, players then activate their hospitals by moving their own nurse meeples onto action spots on their hospital and manipulating the dice. The more dice discharged (value of 7) in a single round the more points scored.
- One of the best features of the game is the ability to combo rooms with specialists when you have built up an awesome hospital!