Aller au contenu

Réédition de Québec chez Spielworxx!

Klode

Messages recommandés

Il y a 7 heures, Klode a dit :

Annoncé par Uli Blennemann sur son canal Twitch ce midi. Prévu pour 2024.

Félicitations aux auteurs Philippe Beaudoin et Pierre Poissant-Marquis @Zendor

🙂

Philippe Beaudoin @filou. Ça fait longtemps mais il n'est pas mort :) .

Est-ce que ça veut dire que ma copie originale de Québec ne vaut plus un clou ?🤣

Petit mot de Uli Blenneman dans la newsletter de Spielworxx aujourd'hui :

Dear friends,

Spielworxx has taken a new game under contract: Québec by Philippe Beaudoin and Pierre Poissant-Marquis!

We will release this wonderful game that has an outstanding scoring mechanism in 2024 in a new edition.

Philippe writes the following about the "history" of the game:
"Québec was supposed to first come out for the 400 year anniversary of Quebec City in 2008. This is why the game is divided in 4 centuries.

A publisher had signed the game to do just that, but eventually they gave up on it. Then Christian Lemay, owner of Le Scorpion Masqué — who personally enjoys games of any size, but had been publishing only smaller party or family games — loved Québec so much that he decided it would be his first big box. We worked a lot with his team and him on game development. We introduced event cards, tuned the powers, etc.

We showed Québec at Essen in 2011 at the Ystrari booth and it was played non-stop on three tables, gathering excellent reviews from German players.
Unfortunately, a few months before the release, a popular BoardGameGeek user did a home-made copy of the game and left a middle-of-the-road review that was our only rating for a while. It had quite a bit of influence and contributed to a slow debut for the game.

In the years since, however, Québec has kept getting very positive reviews on BGG from people discovering it years after it came out and calling it a “hidden gem” or "deserving to be better known".
This rediscovery by board game lovers culminated with the YouTube channel Heavy Cardboard playing the game twice, on stream, and giving me the best compliment I’m likely to ever get as a board game designer: “You would tell me this is a Knizia design and I’d believe you.” Reiner Knizia was the first designer I really admired and still keeps a special place in my heart."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfIOI3p2TGs

• 8 months later...
Le 2021-12-28 à 19:54, PAPPY a dit :

Philippe Beaudoin @filou. Ça fait longtemps mais il n'est pas mort :) .

Est-ce que ça veut dire que ma copie originale de Québec ne vaut plus un clou ?🤣

Si ça se trouve, il va valoir encore plus cher! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Il y a 4 heures, mariejo a dit :

cool ça veut dire qu'il va y avoir des vidéos pour les règles lol je déteste apprendre des règles je suis pourrie quand je les lis lol

Ben là, on a juste à se donner une rendez-vous et y jouer ensemble à la place! Je suis sérieux, ça serait super le fun!