Aller au contenu

Allan B Calhamer (Diplomacy) est décédé

Romain

Messages recommandés

Lundi matin, à l'âge de 81 ans, ABC l'auteur de Diplomacy s'est éteint. Il semble ne pas avoir souffert et avoir profité de la vie jusqu'à la dernière minute.

C'est sa fille qui a appris la nouvelle à la communauté de Diplomacy :

Good Morning, Edi:

I'm writing to let you know that Dad passed away Monday morning. He was 81 years old and had been slowing down quite a bit recently, but luckily he didn't suffer any long illness and was able to enjoy his art and his books (and his Diplomacy zines) until the last few days. I'm so glad he had an opportunity to see you last year; he always spoke very highly of you and your skill in Diplomacy!

Mom has insisted on a private ceremony with no flowers. At the age of 86 she is deeply practical and has little patience for rituals of any kind, I'm afraid. The truth is she would probably be overwhelmed and exhausted by it all, so my sister, Tish, and I are going to let her win this one! However, I know she would welcome any memories/stories about Allan or thoughts on what Diplomacy has meant to you. If you would like to drop her a note you may do so at:

Hilda Calhamer

Repose en paix Allan et merci pour tous ces bons moments. Diplomacy est le premier jeu que je me suis acheté avec mon argent de poche et je ne l'ai pas regretté.

Que de bons souvenirs pour ce jeu! Je me souviens d'avoir tenté de monter un club de Diplomacy à l'UQAM dans les années 80. On avait installé une table pour faire de la démonstration et répondre aux questions. On s'était fait virés par des agents de sécurité. Mes talents de négo n'ont pas fonctionné...