Aller au contenu

Messages recommandés

SF01_Box_Front_reduced.jpg

Plus d'infos sur Seafall!!! Finalement! Bien hâte à sa sortie :)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/9/10951990/seafall-preview-pandemic-legacy-rob-daviau

It begins in a world which, while not our own, most closely resembles the swashbuckling period of the 16th century. Players take on the role of one of several provinces, journeying out into the oceans aboard heavily armed capital ships for the first time after a long dark age — not unlike after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Players will start at various points on a long coastline at the Eastern edge of the gameboard, which will be fashioned to look like an old nautical map. As they explore to the West with their flagships (each province will have two), players will reveal new islands — and other surprises — which they'll place on the board in the form of small stickers to mark their location. At the top and bottom of the board players will place larger stickers representing big inset maps for each place that they discover.
The meat of the game will be in exploring these places, "like Indiana Jones but in the 16th century," Daviau said.
Bundled with each copy of the game will be the Captains' Booke, a kind of choose your own adventure journal. Whenever players trigger certain in-game events — called Milestones — they'll read large sections of this book that will move the game's narrative forward. But the book will also be used for exploring individual locations on the map.
"It has 430 entries," Daviau said. "I had to write it in sort of 16th century English — not with the language itself, but with the turns of phrase.
"Let me make one up: You go to explore an island. At the front of the book is a generic map of an island, and it's got all these different places on it with numbers. So you go to an island, and you choose a location to explore. And you cross it out, and it says 'turn to Entry 41.'"
"M'lord," Daviau said, affecting his best period accent. "We pulled up upon the shore and spied in the hills what we thought to be gold. However, it turned out to be an ambush from some of the natives who knew that we were searching for gold in the area. We lost many of our crew, and my only question now is whether I go out to seek revenge or wait for another day since I’m down by many of my crew."
If you retreat from the island, perhaps the natives take pity on you and help patch up your crew. That interaction could open up opportunities for trade later on. But if you elect to seek your revenge, there will be consequences. You'll recover treasure, but your ship will be damaged on its way into the shallows or more of your crew will be killed. You'll also have to place a number of Enmity token on the board, which will have negative consequences the next time you visit.
Each player has eight Enmity tokens, and whenever they attack another province or another non-player faction they must spend Enmity to do it. Enmity has multiple effects in SeaFall, but its defining characteristic is how it forces players to to be careful about who they attack and when.
SF01_Game-Logo_FLAT.png
"You can’t just declare war infinitely," Daviau said, "because when your eight tokens run out, you’re done. It’s basically saying no, you’ve reached your jerk limit. If Enmity isn't removed at the end of a round, it becomes permanent. So I could look at a map of SeaFallwhen you're done playing and I will see certain islands and certain events and certain things in certain places. I can look at the Enmity on the board and I could probably recount your world’s history pretty well from just looking at that map. You’re going to be building a map that is also an historical artifact."
While it's hard to really put into words given the secrecy surrounding the contents of the game, Daviau says that SeaFall will have about twice as much "stuff" in it as Pandemic: Legacy. That will add up to around 14 or 15 games-worth of content "if you savor it." Each session should be around two hours of playtime.
Each of those 15 games should include classic Legacy-style events, fundamentally changing how the game is played. But players aren't forced to move the story forward if they don't want to.
"It’s possible that during one game all the players decide they're just going to attack each other," Daviau said. "It’s just war on the open seas. No one reaches any Milestones, no one moves the plot ahead. The game will just politely wait, you have your war and when you want to get back to the Legacy system we’ll continue with the plot."
SeaFall will be published in English by Plaid Hat Games, and a price has not yet been set. The game is expected to be available this August at the Gen Con convention in Indianapolis, Indiana and, after working on it so long, Daviau can't wait to get it into player's hands.
"I put my heart and soul into it," Daviau said. "I spent three-and-a-half years on this. But what if this is the one I didn’t get right? I’m not worried. I’m just — I don’t want to say I’m an artist, because I don’t like the sound of that. It's just that as a designer you kind of put something out there and you hope that everyone likes this like you think they will.
"I feel very confident that they will like it, but it doesn’t mean that emotionally I’m not thinking, 'Hm… did I miss something?'"

• 2 months later...

Finalement! encore plus de détails! et la précommande sur PlaidHatGame qui vient avec des pièces en métal!...

13173254_1761607197393569_87763270494145

13086984_1761610837393205_35847779673918

Adventure awaits on the high seas! The world is emerging from a dark age where history and knowledge were lost. The great provinces have just begun reestablishing seafaring technology. Wealth and fame await leaders who are cunning and brave. Explore the coastal islands. Discover lost civilizations. Sail the open sea in search of new lands. Uncover long buried secrets. Sail until the sea falls off the edge of the world!

Pre-orders launch on Tuesday, May 3rd at 1pm CST on the Plaid Hat Games website - Retail is $79.95. Pre-orders on Plaidhatgames.com come with a FREE set of upgraded metal coins.

C'est cool les legacy games mais on a trop de jeux a jouer. De mainere realiste, le commun des mortels peut difficilement avoir plus de 2-3 legacy games en parallel...

Après avoir commencé Pandemic Legacy, mon groupe est intéressé par un autre jeu Legacy... Mais je pense qu'on va attendre de voir des reviews avant de l'acheter. Je trouve qu'il a l'air bien, mais je pense que j'aime mieux un jeu legacy co-op que compétitif!

Après avoir commencé Pandemic Legacy, mon groupe est intéressé par un autre jeu Legacy... Mais je pense qu'on va attendre de voir des reviews avant de l'acheter. Je trouve qu'il a l'air bien, mais je pense que j'aime mieux un jeu legacy co-op que compétitif!

Moi, j'ai hâte de jouer à un BON jeu compétitif Legacy. Risk Legacy était une bonne idée pour la license Risk mais ça reste Risk avec ses défauts.

J'ai lu la règle de SeaFall et avec le système de "enmity", plus un joueur "A" va attaquer un joueur "B", plus le joueur "B" va être fort en défense ET en attaque contre le joueur "A". On pourra, d'une partie à l'autre, "effacer" quelques traces de conflits mais pas tous. Donc un système qui n'empêche pas les conflits mais qui empêche de détruitre un joueur et qui gère le conflit à outrance.

Le reste de la règle, surtout le choix d'action de joueur simplifié en 4 guildes (Marchant, Builder, Explorer, Soldier), est très élégant. Le système des advisors (conseillers) qui augmente tes statisques temporairement pour un tour est brillant mécaniquement et surtout au niveau de la saveur. Car ceux-ci seront améliorer par les joueurs de parties en parties. Les joueurs pourront s'en réserver un pour la prochaine partie, sauf le gagnant de la partie précédente.

J'ai lu la règle de SeaFall et avec le système de "enmity", plus un joueur "A" va attaquer un joueur "B", plus le joueur "B" va être fort en défense ET en attaque contre le joueur "A". On pourra, d'une partie à l'autre, "effacer" quelques traces de conflits mais pas tous. Donc un système qui n'empêche pas les conflits mais qui empêche de détruitre un joueur et qui gère le conflit à outrance.

Intéressant! Il faudrait que je lise les règles pour être mieux informée...

• 5 months later...

Nécro magie !!!

J'ai contacté Plaid Hat aujourd'hui pour avoir le statut de mon pre-order et voici leur réponse (si y'en d'autre dans la même situation).

Canadian orders are still being processed and should finish shipping out this week. When your order is shipped we will send tracking information via email.

Nécro magie !!!

J'ai contacté Plaid Hat aujourd'hui pour avoir le statut de mon pre-order et voici leur réponse (si y'en d'autre dans la même situation).

Canadian orders are still being processed and should finish shipping out this week. When your order is shipped we will send tracking information via email.

Je viens de recevoir mon pre-order.

Reste a voir quoi faire avec...

Nécro magie !!!

Je viens de recevoir mon pre-order.

Reste a voir quoi faire avec...

Jouer ?