Aller au contenu

Riot Games qui sort un jeu dans l'univers de League of Legend

Selgador

Messages recommandés

Je veux pas être rabat-joie, mais j'ai des doutes face au hype...

1. Les jeux inspirés de jeux vidéos connaissent d'habitude un succès modéré (voir World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc)

2. 75$ US, ce n'est pas donné.

3. Il y a 11 millions de joueurs actifs et on parle ici d'un jeu vidéo qui est gratuit à la base. Combien de ces joueurs auront la combinaisons (intérêt aux boardgames + prêt à payer mucho money) ?

1. Les jeux inspirés de jeux vidéos connaissent d'habitude un succès modéré (voir World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc)

3. Il y a 11 millions de joueurs actifs et on parle ici d'un jeu vidéo qui est gratuit à la base. Combien de ces joueurs auront la combinaisons (intérêt aux boardgames + prêt à payer mucho money) ?

Le shipping Canada sera de 30$ US, pour un total de 105$ (selon le commentaire d'un des vidéo de Watch it played)

Je pense que tu sous-estime grandement le fan base de League of Legends... ce n'est pas seulement les joueurs actifs qu'ils ont mais aussi tout ceux qui regarde les matchs comme le monde qui regarde le hockey. Si j'étais gambler, je serais prêt à parier que 1. le site web plante dès que la mise en vente commence et 2. toutes les copies sont sold out dans la première heure.

Je pense que tu sous-estime grandement le fan base de League of Legends... ce n'est pas seulement les joueurs actifs qu'ils ont mais aussi tout ceux qui regarde les matchs comme le monde qui regarde le hockey. Si j'étais gambler, je serais prêt à parier que 1. le site web plante dès que la mise en vente commence et 2. toutes les copies sont sold out dans la première heure.

Tout est dit.

/thread

• 2 weeks later...

Le Canada vient de sauver 10$ USD sur le Shipping!

Canada: $20

Hey guys,

There's been a lot of healthy conversation around our shipping costs both here on the BGG forums and also internally at Riot. I wanted to zero in this conversation on two regions that have been coming up frequently: Canada and Oceania (Australia/ New Zealand). But before we dive too deep in, I wanted to make sure I'm setting proper expectations: There's a good chance that a number of you, regardless of what we propose, are going to be frustrated by the shipping costs. And I'm not judging that frustration - but I am going to try to provide as much context as I can and let the discussion continue from there.

For starters, we had to make a tough decision on whether to ship to Oceania at all - and I may have made the wrong call. We don't currently have a distribution center in Australia, so whatever we send 'down under' has to be shipped out of our North American distribution center. The cost associated with that is predictably pretty steep. So we had the option to just not ship to Oceania until we solved that logistical challenge. Keep in mind, Riot has a global player base and, initially, there are far more regions who won't get MvM than there are that will. There remains a very compelling argument to add Oceania to that list of unsupported regions, but since there aren't language barriers that exist (as with other regions), I ultimately made the call to at least give players in Australia and New Zealand the choice. I thought an expensive option was better than no option at all.

For many of our regions, we ship our goods through iParcel. For shipping, the size of the box we're using is:

23.5 x 13. 8 x 7.6 in

We went with this size shipping container to ensure that we could properly pad the box so it didn't get damaged in transit. This size is also important because in many regions (including Canada and most of Europe), shipping costs are determined by the size of the box as opposed to the weight of the box. It costs different amounts to send to different areas of Canada, but it averages out to roughly $32.85 to get our shipping box up to those across the border. To be clear, this isn't us padding the shipping costs to ensure we make profits off the backs of our Canadian players, this is just what it costs for us to use a reliable service to ship from the States to Canada.

The folks over in Merch have already been subsidizing a portion of those shipping costs - they don't like to celebrate that, but it's worth bringing up. And those subsidies actually are the most pronounced in regions with the highest shipping rates. But after the conversations that spun up here, we've taken a hard look at what we can do on our end to make our shipping costs a bit more palatable. Again, you guys are the ones that will decide if we have done an adequate job, but we've decided to increase our subsidies so that we're paying for a larger portion of those costs. So the new shipping costs for players should resemble something akin to this:

Canada: $20
Australia: $50
New Zealand: $50
Taiwan: $45
Singapore: $45
Hong Kong: $45
US: $5
Germany: € 5
United Kingdom: € 5
France: € 5
Spain: € 5
Italy: € 5
Belgium: € 5
Netherlands: € 5
Austria:: € 5
Poland: € 10
Romania:: € 10
Sweden: € 5
Denmark: € 5
Norway: € 10
Greece: € 5
Portugal: € 5
Finland: € 5
Switzerland: € 10
Czech Republic: € 10
Turkey: € 15
Hungary: € 10
Ireland: € 5

Keep in mind, we are currently only selling English copies in these regions (with the exception of Hong Kong, where you should be able to also purchase in Simplified Chinese, locally). If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to bring it up here. We're working hard to listen to your feedback and our sincere hope is that you feel confident in your decision before, during, and after your purchase.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Je pensais me donner une chance supplémentaire en essayant de compléter mon achat sur deux ordinateurs sur des réseaux différents mais rien à faire. Et comble de malheur, une de mes sessions a trouvé le moyen de foutre 2 exemplaires dans le panier (alors que la limite est de 1) et ça bogue depuis...